Saturday 22 September 2012

#3: Quick butter-less plum cake

I came back home from a yoga workshop a few hours ago, knackered, with a strong resolution of not eating anything more today and just going straight to bed. Unfortunately, my Mom got some gorgeous and tasteful plums today, and I just couldn't help myself but to make a cake with them...

So here's an easy (it has to be, I'm not really good at baking) recipe for a quick, moist, and butter-less plum cake :)



Ingredients:
* 4 eggs
* 1 cup caster sugar (sieved)
* 1 1/2 cup cake flour (sieved)
* 1/2 cup grape seed oil 
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* a few drops of vanilla flavor
* fruits (I used plums, but you can use any other kind that you like, really - bananas, peaches, strawberries... )
To prepare the baking tin:
*some vegetable oil
*a handful of breadcrumbs

Preheat oven to 180 Celsius.
Prepare the baking tin: spread the oil and cover it with breadcrumbs. I used a rather small and round baking tin, but  a square and flat one would probably be better. (Caution: the thinner the layer is, the quicker it bakes!)
Wash and cut plums - cutting them into halves should be enough. I was afraid they would sink in the dough, so I cut them into quarters - unnecessarily! The dough is so thick it easily carries fruits on its top. You can cover them in a thin layer of flour if they're very juicy.

Whip up egg whites. In a separate bowl, mix yolks with previously sieved caster sugar. Combine with egg white foam, oil, flour, baking powder and vanilla flavor. Mix well, then pour mass into the tin of choice.
Bake for up to 45 mins (you can start toothpick-checking after half an hour).

That's it! Here's how mine looked before baking:

 And after:



I must admit, it rose more than I expected...  but I'm really happy with the result anyway :)

Smacznego!

Thanks for reading,
M


PS. Please like and share, if you appreciate! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment